Monday, March 7, 2011

What Taxes Should a Freelance Artist Pay? |

Artists and other self employed individuals are getting a small break on their social security tax obligations for 2011. It's not much, but it's something. Check out the following article for further details.
What Taxes Should a Freelance Artist Pay? By Bonnie Conrad
When you work for a private employer, that employer is responsible for withholding taxes from your paycheck and sending those taxes to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on a timely basis. But if you work as a freelance artist, you are self-employed, and you cannot rely on anyone else to pay your taxes for you. As a freelancer, you must keep track of your earnings and put aside enough money to settle up with Uncle Sam: read more...


ericwilliam25 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy S Martin said...

Depending on what US State, county and city you live in determines what licenses if any you are required to hold. In my city I am required to have a business license which costs $50 per year. Please visit your nearest local government office for further details.